Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:46 pm

Noel+ wrote:100 Christmas Posts!!! :rabstar: :blinky1: joyelf :merrysanta:

100 Christmas posts in less than a week. We are too awesome! :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:47 pm

Noel+ wrote:Hallmark has a new winter movie this Saturday night with a Christmas theme. :scene:

Yay! Something Christmas to look forward to. I'll have to check it out. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:50 pm

We had a little snow this afternoon that's dusted the ground. We have a chance for more tonight so I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. :snowwow: Now we just need Christmas to go along with our snow. :snowhead:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:52 pm

We're drinking hot chocolate from the new snowman mugs dd got for Christmas. :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:07 pm

CandyKane wrote:We're drinking hot chocolate from the new snowman mugs dd got for Christmas. :snowhappy2:

Too Christmas cute! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I have not looked it up yet, but amazon prime seems to have come to Sweden! Now that is a great Christmas present!

I finally broke down and got Amazon Prime as a Christmas present to myself (and the family of course). Love the free 2 day shipping.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Noel+ wrote:Hallmark has a new winter movie this Saturday night with a Christmas theme. :scene:

Christmas Joy! I'll have to set my DVR.
Thanks for the heads up Noel!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Noel+ wrote:100 Christmas Posts!!! :rabstar: :blinky1: joyelf :merrysanta:

Woot! Woot!
This Christmas Elf is doing the happy dance.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:51 pm

CandyKane wrote:We had a little snow this afternoon that's dusted the ground. We have a chance for more tonight so I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. :snowwow: Now we just need Christmas to go along with our snow. :snowhead:

We're supposed to get a dusting of snow tomorrow night. Fingers are crossed. It would be nice to see snow this year. I wish we would have had some on Christmas day.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:50 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

And Christmas hugs back to you CC. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 am

Noel+ wrote:Yes how did the great women in our families do it all, with excellence and without computers and modern appliances?!

Sleep well tonight Christmas Elf Jolly.

Funny. stayed up too late watching tv with hubby. Once I pass my "sleep threshold", I am up for Another 6 hours. During the night it occurred to me that my grandmother did not work outside the home during my lifetime, while my mother worked mostly fulltime plus (she Went to school too for several years). Thinking of it like that it would seem that my mother is more Amazing. How did she ever manage to create some nice Christmas memories while living that Schedule.

Hope my Christmas friends have a great 13th Day of Christmas (Trettonsdagen). We had a nice breakfast of french toast and are soon off to Church. Then the usual weekend routine kicks in with friday night shopping and kebab.

Glad Trettondedag Jul!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 am

Thank you for the suggestions about the Christmas projected lights for the large evergreen tree. It is definitely something that will add to next year's decorations!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:18 am

To celebrate Friday, I will definitely be enjoying some peppermint hot chocolate and a hallmark Christmas movie tonight after work. You can find so many on YouTube. I am thinking about tying the Feeln app for the movies as well because the YouTube video quality is somewhat lacking at times. Happy Christmas Friday my friends!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:09 am

:snowday: Snow Day!!! Now I just need a good Christmas movie to go along with it. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:We had a little snow this afternoon that's dusted the ground. We have a chance for more tonight so I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. :snowwow: Now we just need Christmas to go along with our snow. :snowhead:

We're supposed to get a dusting of snow tomorrow night. Fingers are crossed. It would be nice to see snow this year. I wish we would have had some on Christmas day.

Our forecast was for a dusting too and through the night the line moved north and we have an inch on the ground now. Still snowing lightly. It's turning everything outside into a beautiful Christmas card. I'll send some of it your way. :elfgrin: :flake: :flake: :flake:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:34 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:To celebrate Friday, I will definitely be enjoying some peppermint hot chocolate and a hallmark Christmas movie tonight after work. You can find so many on YouTube. I am thinking about tying the Feeln app for the movies as well because the YouTube video quality is somewhat lacking at times. Happy Christmas Friday my friends!

I loved the FeelN site until it locked me out. I can still see what they are offering, just not actually Watch anything. If you can access it, I highly recommend it. I noticed that even A Rose for Christmas is already on YouTube, but have not watched it yet. Shh.....I don't want Hallmark to notice and take them down or block them. Let us make it our Christmas secret!

Your Friday Christmas celebration sounds like the perfect way to end Epiphany.

I was thinking of watching Christmas in Paradise since the Three kings sort of weave in and out of it.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:09 pm

Just ordered my first gifts for Christmas 2017. Handmade aprons for all the little girls on my shopping list. :shop: :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter