Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

CandyKane wrote:Busy, busy, busy! It's almost as crazy as the week before Christmas. :bell1:

How Christmas perfect is that! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:43 am

Perky's interview today went reasonably well. Whether they can use him, remains to be seen. If so, he has to go to an introduction course on Thursday mornings, not sure how long. Still hoping to hear back from the first job. The missed call was a job in a nearby city, but too far to commute. It was only for a few months and did not pay enough to cover the added expense of another apartment. So, we shall see. Thank you for all the Christmas prayers.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:14 pm

More Christmas prayers until God provides the best job for Perky. It always is a process of highs and lows. Tel Perky we've got him covered. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:03 am

Jolly, both you and Perky should keep your heads high and keep pushing on. The perseverance that you both have shown is inspiring. We will continue to keep you in our Christmas prayers.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:05 am

We received a few inches of snow last night. It is a pretty blanket that feels like a reset for the landscape... instead of the dreary grays and browns we have been looking at since shortly after Christmas.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:39 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Jolly, both you and Perky should keep your heads high and keep pushing on. The perseverance that you both have shown is inspiring. We will continue to keep you in our Christmas prayers.

Perky heard from the Monday interview, they are "going on with more candidates". Tuesdays interview was for an educational pool, a work every now and then type thing. Not having high hopes for that one. The telephone interview was for a job too far away to commute and not paying enough to justify an second apartment. BUT, he has another interview on Monday for the best job yet though it is in Uppsala (a town slightly north of us). It is a bit of a commute but possible. We have several professors in my department who live in Uppsala and work in Stockholm, the reverse is also not uncommon. If it were Texas, I would say it is like San Antonio to Austin, where the same situations are also often true. I went to admin school in Uppsala and caught my first bus as 6:25. not fun, but not impossible. He is certainly a busy little Christmas elf.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:42 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Jolly, both you and Perky should keep your heads high and keep pushing on. The perseverance that you both have shown is inspiring. We will continue to keep you in our Christmas prayers.

Perky heard from the Monday interview, they are "going on with more candidates". Tuesdays interview was for an educational pool, a work every now and then type thing. Not having high hopes for that one. The telephone interview was for a job too far away to commute and not paying enough to justify an second apartment. BUT, he has another interview on Monday for the best job yet though it is in Uppsala (a town slightly north of us). It is a bit of a commute but possible. We have several professors in my department who live in Uppsala and work in Stockholm, the reverse is also not uncommon. If it were Texas, I would say it is like San Antonio to Austin, where the same situations are also often true. I went to admin school in Uppsala and caught my first bus as 6:25. not fun, but not impossible. He is certainly a busy little Christmas elf.

Hoping and praying for the best my Christmas friend.
God has a plan.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:42 am

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowhouse:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:51 am

The yucky fog is back. :| If I still had my Christmas lights up I'd turn them on just to brighten things up. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:53 am

Waiting for my aunt to get her test results is worse than waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve.......
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:55 am

Check out the after Christmas sale at Dayspring.com. Use code 25FORYOU for 25% off plus free shipping. They still have a nice selection of stuff. :shop: :shop: :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:59 am

Here's a song to really get you going today. The Christmas Vacation Intro
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-X0Trv7vOn0 :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowhouse:

Merry Winter Wonderland Christmas to you! :ornwave:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:We received a few inches of snow last night. It is a pretty blanket that feels like a reset for the landscape... instead of the dreary grays and browns we have been looking at since shortly after Christmas.

Snow always turns everything into a beautiful Christmas card image. Enjoy! :snowhappy2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:35 pm

It was a super after Christmas workday with overtime today. Eating my veggies and going to bed early. Night all.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 pm

CandyKane, thank you for that song from Christmas Vacation! It always puts a smile on my face!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Unfortunately the snow is melting away already. This has been a crazy year for winter weather thus far. The temperature shifts between the 20's and 40's quite a bit. I wish the weather would leave some snow around as a late Christmas present.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Noel, I am headed to bed early as well. Good night all and Merry Wednesday Christmas...the weekend is almost here!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Actually, before I tap out for bed, I did have a lovely dinner with my family tonight to celebrate my father's birthday. Every time we all get together it reminds me of Christmas tree and the holidays.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter