Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:46 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Good morning Christmas friends!
My back is continuing to heal and get stronger, but it sure is a slow process. Boredom can reign the day if you let it. I hope you all have a blessed day! :D

Oh, but I am jealous of all the time you have to catch up on those great Christmas movies! It's not Christmas, but I did finally watch Pumpkin Pie Wars Sunday night. It was too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 am

Happy last day of January Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:08 am

My back is continuing to heal and get stronger, but it sure is a slow process. Boredom can reign the day if you let it. I hope you all have a blessed day! :D

So glad you are continuing to heal. Christmas 2017 will be all the sweeter being pain free and having all this behind you. :ornwave: joyelf

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:10 am

Noel+ wrote:Cold alert! Out temps dropped to 36 last night and I turned on the heater!! First time is 11 years! It feels like Christmas!! :snowwow:

It's amazing how the weather has such a big impact on our Christmas moods. :jump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 am

We're gearing up for another 70 degree day. It's a very rare day in January when I can open all my windows and doors and soak up the fresh air and sunshine. I have definitely had the post Christmas, Wintertime blahs so the sunshine is a very welcome sight. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:16 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:We have gotten a few inches of snow here in VT this evening. Is is so quiet and magical. It reminds me of Christmas!!! That and some Chinese food for dinner have made it a perfect evening!

Enjoy your post Christmas snow. It's getting really dry here. We need a good snow or soaking rain soon. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:18 am

I bought Fannie Flagg's The Whole Towns Talking book as a Christmas gift for myself and I just finished it. I just love the characters in Elmwood Springs. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:38 am

I just got a Lakeside Spring catalog in the mail. Almost as good as their Christmas catalog. :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:41 am

Noel+ wrote:We all have a virtuous of some kind again. Christmas bummer :wink:

Virus? Christmas prayers. :angelpray: It's unreal how much sickness is going around here. We have flu, strep, mono, plus other viruses going around. It's crazy.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:02 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:As we move into another month, I hope everyone takes some time to appreciate their time with the ones they love. Take time for yourself and disconnect from work, stress, the news, etc. Find the things, like Christmas, that make you happy and immerse yourself in them for a while. Take a mental vacation!

Kiwi, that is very sound advice/encouragement for all of us Christmas elves! Thanks. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:03 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! Trying to keep my head above water and think Good Christmas thoughts! Perky got a turn down from the school, so we move on and keep those Christmas prayers coming!

Christmas prayers on their way Jolly! :snowgirl:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Glad you are healing well Christmas Crazy.Nowis the time to make a stck of your favorite Christmas books, craft articles, movies and music since you have time you'll want back next November. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:06 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas

i am still dreaming of a White Christmas and more Christmas cookies! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Page 23 of Christmas posts! :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:07 pm

455 Christmas Posts!! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:17 am

Hello February! We are one month closer to Christmas :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 am

Meery Wassail Wednesday Christmas friends!
Perky Went to an orientation today for a pedagogic pool (temporary teaching pool) and has an interview on friday for a temporary job (fulltime with decent pay). I am blessed to have been able to work at home today.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

Merry February 1st Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:44 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Cold alert! Out temps dropped to 36 last night and I turned on the heater!! First time is 11 years! It feels like Christmas!! :snowwow:

It's amazing how the weather has such a big impact on our Christmas moods. :jump:

So true my CHRISTMAS Friend :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Meery Wassail Wednesday Christmas friends!
Perky Went to an orientation today for a pedagogic pool (temporary teaching pool) and has an interview on friday for a temporary job (fulltime with decent pay). I am blessed to have been able to work at home today.

AWESOME! Christmas friend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter