Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:09 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Greetings my Christmas friends! I am writing from Page Arizona today. We have been on a vacation through the South Western USA. We started on Friday night in Las Vegas. We were there through Tuesday and saw the Hoover Dam. Then on Tuesday we headed to Zion National Park in Utah. We stayed over night and went on to Bryce Canyon in Utah and stayed overnight yesterday there. Today we drove to Arizona to see Antelope Canyon and stay on Lake Powell. Tomorrow we head to the Grand Canyon! What a trip so far! More to come soon.

I have a long lost facebook friend whom I found living in the Arizona wine country. I had no idea they made wine in Arizona. Hope you have a fantastic Christmas time! :D
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:11 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just a quick post. We have a strong stomach-intestinal virus and are weak with sickness. Up all night until a nap from 9am to 1:30pm. Avoiding food and insulin although that is a diabetic no-no. Water is our diet and hoping to recover within the usual 48hrs viral span.

Thinking of you Christmas friends but will not post until healthy.

As a nurse I am sure you are aware of several diabetic "sick diets" online. Most include taking in apple juice and jello. I am recovering from a cold/flu. I missed work on Wednesday which is not like me. Yesterday two bosses tried to send me home saying I looked sick (I am as white as wonder bread, or says an equally pale ex boyfriend, and look like a zombie normally without makeup). One said to me "if you look like that tomorrow, don't come in". Well, it is student evaluation time so that is not an option, but I am wearing a bit of makeup today. ;-) I also have a stye in my eye which does not help my "sick" appearance much. Next time I will say I am giving up makeup for Lent. I think I am becoming one of those crotchety church ladies I remember from my childhood.

On a positive note, Perky has an interview today for a school admin job and a second interview Tuesday for an hourly IT job. He said he would hate to choose. Praying the God of Christmas will reveal his plan and Perky will have clear direction.

Hope Noelle and all my Christmas friends get well, and stay well! :angelpray:

Prayers for your recovery and Perkys' new job interviews. I am a palace too and can relate to the comments. Hopefully your cheerful Christmas face returns soon.

This conversation makes me want to look up the old Pale Face movie with Bob Hope. He had some great Christmas specials too!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:49 am

Now listening to Bob Hope Christmas specials from my account on www.otrcat.com while I sort through and dispose of old files. Great Christmas entertainment!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:31 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Greetings my Christmas friends! I am writing from Page Arizona today. We have been on a vacation through the South Western USA. We started on Friday night in Las Vegas. We were there through Tuesday and saw the Hoover Dam. Then on Tuesday we headed to Zion National Park in Utah. We stayed over night and went on to Bryce Canyon in Utah and stayed overnight yesterday there. Today we drove to Arizona to see Antelope Canyon and stay on Lake Powell. Tomorrow we head to the Grand Canyon! What a trip so far! More to come soon.

Sounds like a fantastic trip Christmas friend! Glad you could check in. :ornwave:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 am

It's Friday Christmas friends :snowjump: :snowjump: :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:56 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Just a quick post. We have a strong stomach-intestinal virus and are weak with sickness. Up all night until a nap from 9am to 1:30pm. Avoiding food and insulin although that is a diabetic no-no. Water is our diet and hoping to recover within the usual 48hrs viral span.

Thinking of you Christmas friends but will not post until healthy.

As a nurse I am sure you are aware of several diabetic "sick diets" online. Most include taking in apple juice and jello. I am recovering from a cold/flu. I missed work on Wednesday which is not like me. Yesterday two bosses tried to send me home saying I looked sick (I am as white as wonder bread, or says an equally pale ex boyfriend, and look like a zombie normally without makeup). One said to me "if you look like that tomorrow, don't come in". Well, it is student evaluation time so that is not an option, but I am wearing a bit of makeup today. ;-) I also have a stye in my eye which does not help my "sick" appearance much. Next time I will say I am giving up makeup for Lent. I think I am becoming one of those crotchety church ladies I remember from my childhood.

On a positive note, Perky has an interview today for a school admin job and a second interview Tuesday for an hourly IT job. He said he would hate to choose. Praying the God of Christmas will reveal his plan and Perky will have clear direction.

Hope Noelle and all my Christmas friends get well, and stay well! :angelpray:

Praying for your health and Perky's job interviews my Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:57 am

Wow! Sounds like you are having a wonder time on vacation my Christmas friend.
Enjoy, and we'll catch up when you get back. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:00 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

............... Only 297 days till Christmas! ...............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 am

Noel+ wrote:900 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc: :scene:

900 Christmas posts by March 3rd. That is fantastic!
We didn't hit 900 posts until May 9th last year.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:06 am

I listened to a Christmas CD on the way into work this morning.
That really put a smile in my heart.

:whistle:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:29 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:20 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:900 Christmas posts!!! :smilecc: :scene:

900 Christmas posts by March 3rd. That is fantastic!
We didn't hit 900 posts until May 9th last year.

That is fantastic! We are too Christmas cool! 8-) :snowwow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm

I took down my Winter garden flags and replaced them with pretty Spring ones. I have flags for every season and holiday. Of course I have several for Christmas. :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:28 pm

I also replaced the front door wreath with a Spring one. Dd argues with me because she's convinced it's not a Winter but a Christmas one. :wreath: :wreath: :wreath:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:32 pm

It really is gorgeous outside. I've been doing some storm cleanup, raking and burning limbs. I love seeing all the little purple wild flowers blooming. The Easter Lilies have been in full bloom and so is the forsythia and quince. Lots of trees are budding. Spring is almost as magical as Christmas. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:45 pm

Perky is scheduled for an interview with the school "umbrella" Company on Monday. Wow. He had an interview that lasted 2 hours. I teased him and asked him when they were getting married. I said she must have really found you entertaining. His response: "You do". Too Christmas true.........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm

Merry Super Santa Saturday Christmas!!!
I love the weekends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky is scheduled for an interview with the school "umbrella" Company on Monday. Wow. He had an interview that lasted 2 hours. I teased him and asked him when they were getting married. I said she must have really found you entertaining. His response: "You do". Too Christmas true.........

Perky is a regular 'too cute Christmas' partner to you elf Jolly. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:44 pm

Merry Super Santa Saturday Christmas!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:45 pm

920 Christmas Posts!! :carollers: :sing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter