Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 am

Having a great day so far. Christmas in my heart and loving every minute of it. Thinking of rough sketching some plans for an outside display. Haven't had a good outside Christmas display in years and I really want one. Also have youth group tonight, we are doing our yearly watching of the Bible series and watching the life of Jesus to get us in perspective of the time of year we are in.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas size prayers are needed right now.
We are supposed to get very severe weather tomorrow.
All schools, colleges, and government offices within a 50 mile radius of us have already closed for tomorrow.
This is not going to be good. I'm praying they are wrong.

Oh wow, hope you are as safe and sound as Christmas morning. Put on some Christmas tunes and think safe thoughts.

Thank you my Christmas friend.
So far this morning we've had one strong storm come thru without incident.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gisela-Graham-Gold-Resin-Dove-on-Wire-Jewel-Swing-Christmas-Home-Decor-/401196369482?hash=item5d692ac64a:g:7PgAAOSwNRdX6l-A

Thinking of this as a Pentecost ornament. My vision is to hang this from the laundry rod between the kitchen and hall. The doorway we use the most, with a Dove of Peace Christmas banner eventually to be surrounded by red garland. Now that Zoe has outgrown the pulling down of Christmas garland, I can start buying it again. Just enough decorations to put up in about 5 minutes and remind us that Christmas is just the beginning of the story. I saw on some website that someone had taken red, orange, and yellow tulle and draped it from the top of the doorway and securing on the sides........I am not that Christmas talented. Working on getting the banner and ornament this year and will pick up garland next christmas. It is so cheap in Texas, I just don't think about it.

That is a beautiful Christmas ornament.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:28 am

CandyKane wrote:Happy Wednesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Happy Wednesday Christmas CandyKane!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 am

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I wish ABC's "The Voice" would air during Christmas time. I would love to hear them sing Christmas songs. :D

I know right. I've always thought the Voice should do a Christmas special. :whistle:

Our Christmas minds think alike. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am

CandyKane wrote:Only 264 days left until Christmas! :scene:

The Christmas countdown continues!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:31 am

ksrjreed wrote:Good morning CAYer's, hope you all have a great day and always have that Christmas spirit in your hearts! :smilecc:

Good morning my Christmas Spirited friend. :snowman1:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:41 am

ksrjreed wrote:Having a great day so far. Christmas in my heart and loving every minute of it. Thinking of rough sketching some plans for an outside display. Haven't had a good outside Christmas display in years and I really want one. Also have youth group tonight, we are doing our yearly watching of the Bible series and watching the life of Jesus to get us in perspective of the time of year we are in.

The birth, life, death, and resurrection of the Christmas child is the greatest story ever told.
:elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:44 am

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!!!
:snowhouse:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:45 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gisela-Graham-Gold-Resin-Dove-on-Wire-Jewel-Swing-Christmas-Home-Decor-/401196369482?hash=item5d692ac64a:g:7PgAAOSwNRdX6l-A

Thinking of this as a Pentecost ornament. My vision is to hang this from the laundry rod between the kitchen and hall. The doorway we use the most, with a Dove of Peace Christmas banner eventually to be surrounded by red garland. Now that Zoe has outgrown the pulling down of Christmas garland, I can start buying it again. Just enough decorations to put up in about 5 minutes and remind us that Christmas is just the beginning of the story. I saw on some website that someone had taken red, orange, and yellow tulle and draped it from the top of the doorway and securing on the sides........I am not that Christmas talented. Working on getting the banner and ornament this year and will pick up garland next christmas. It is so cheap in Texas, I just don't think about it.

What a lovely ornament and decorating idea Jolly. A Christmas garland would be a perfect touch too. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 am

CandyKane wrote:Only 264 days left until Christmas! :scene:

Christmas dances! :santadance:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:47 am

ksrjreed wrote:Good morning CAYer's, hope you all have a great day and always have that Christmas spirit in your hearts! :smilecc:

ksrjreed wishing you a happy Wednesday filled with Christmas spirit too. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 am

Merry Winter Wonderland Christmas!! :snowhouse: :snowball: :snowjump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 am

All schools, colleges, and government offices within a 50 mile radius of us have already closed for tomorrow.

You've got them Christmas friend. These storms moved through here last night and it's some scary stuff. Stay safe and keep us updated.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:50 am

Christmas Crazy, so relieved only one storm passed nearby and you are safe and protected. What an awesome Christmas blessing! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:51 am

CandyKane wrote:

You've got them Christmas friend. These storms moved through here last night and it's some scary stuff. Stay safe and keep us updated.

CandyKane, so glad you and your Christmas family remain safe from the storms. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:54 am

Our home has the first decorating lights up since Christmas. Just love these pastel Easter pastel light strings bringing light at night. :blinky1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:58 am

Noel+ wrote:Merry Winter Wonderland Christmas!! :snowhouse: :snowball: :snowjump:

Merry Winter Wonderland Christmas Noel!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am

I'd a lot rather my yard be covered with fluffy Christmas snow than by the huge hail we got last night. I am so over this weather. :roll:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am

Noel+ wrote:Our home has the first decorating lights up since Christmas. Just love these pastel Easter pastel light strings bringing light at night. :blinky1:

I bet your lights are lovely. And a refreshing change from the Christmas colors. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter