Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:27 pm

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:29 pm

Yesterday I told Michelle that we'll start seeing Christmas stuff in Hobby Lobby in less than two months.
:shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:32 pm

I've been doing some research for my next Christmas project.
I sure hope I can get it done this summer. Time and money will tell. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Merry Frosty Friday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:41 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday I told Michelle that we'll start seeing Christmas stuff in Hobby Lobby in less than two months.
:shop:

Christmas cheers! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:41 pm

1666 Christmas posts!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 pm

Jolly,

After the attack in Stockholm I have been concerned for you & Perky. Are you both safe? How close do you live to that mall? Please stay safe inside if at all possible.

Love, hugs and prayers!
Noel :angelpray:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:46 pm

The Christmas Card movie starts in 15 minutes!! Ready for snow,Christmas decorations, and carols. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Just loved the Christmas episode of Last Man Standing on now before the movie. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:48 pm

1670 Christmas posts!! :rabstar:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:01 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly,

After the attack in Stockholm I have been concerned for you & Perky. Are you both safe? How close do you live to that mall? Please stay safe inside if at all possible.

Love, hugs and prayers!

Stockholm, Sweden reporting in. 'we are alive and well. I was working at home yesterday so missed the chaos. Perky works in an area closer to Stockholm central, but away from the action. He was able to Catch one of the busses that was still running and make his way around the city home. They have now arrested one person. I am not sure if they Think he was working alone or not. While the original driver of the lorry may not have been involved it is suspected that the attacker had cased the area and knew the lorry driver was in the habit of leaving the vehicle running and unintended. Last time I had the news on, there were 4 dead. At one time, I heard 5. Many injured and taken to the hospital. I Think I heard that 9 were released. One person has a severed foot.......many lives were changed that day. Prayers going out to the families of the victims. We stayed in last night but are going out grocery shopping (just down the street and to eat kebab). I hear the busses running. Have not seen many people out Walking today.

It is the beginning of Påsklov, Easter vacation, so many could be out on their holiday. And others may have made last minute plans to leave the city. So far, it seems the guy was a lone wolf and not part of an organized cell. Praying the God of Christmas to bring Peace and Comfort to those involved in yesterday's tragedy.

We live North of Stockholm in Sollentuna. When the police were telling people to stay inside, Perky came home and wanted to do our usual Friday night shopping and kebab. I said the police said to stay inside. He said "we are not Stockholm". I disagreed........the attacker was found in a suburb further North in Märsta. My guess is he quickly fled the scene and blended into the crowd in T Central and hopped a train.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:17 am

Happy Saturday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am

Noel+ wrote:Just loved the Christmas episode of Last Man Standing on now before the movie. :D

Me too. It was a nice Christmas surprise. :santachim:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:29 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Love, hugs and prayers!

Stockholm, Sweden reporting in. 'we are alive and well. I was working at home yesterday so missed the chaos. Perky works in an area closer to Stockholm central, but away from the action. He was able to Catch one of the busses that was still running and make his way around the city home. They have now arrested one person. I am not sure if they Think he was working alone or not. While the original driver of the lorry may not have been involved it is suspected that the attacker had cased the area and knew the lorry driver was in the habit of leaving the vehicle running and unintended. Last time I had the news on, there were 4 dead. At one time, I heard 5. Many injured and taken to the hospital. I Think I heard that 9 were released. One person has a severed foot.......many lives were changed that day. Prayers going out to the families of the victims. We stayed in last night but are going out grocery shopping (just down the street and to eat kebab). I hear the busses running. Have not seen many people out Walking today.

It is the beginning of Påsklov, Easter vacation, so many could be out on their holiday. And others may have made last minute plans to leave the city. So far, it seems the guy was a lone wolf and not part of an organized cell. Praying the God of Christmas to bring Peace and Comfort to those involved in yesterday's tragedy.

We live North of Stockholm in Sollentuna. When the police were telling people to stay inside, Perky came home and wanted to do our usual Friday night shopping and kebab. I said the police said to stay inside. He said "we are not Stockholm". I disagreed........the attacker was found in a suburb further North in Märsta. My guess is he quickly fled the scene and blended into the crowd in T Central and hopped a train.

That is so scary. Christmas size prayer for Stockholm.
You guys stay safe.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 am

Merry Super Santa Saturday Christmas!!!
I love the weekends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:37 am

Michelle and I are heading to the Dogwood Festival this morning.
Maybe we'll find something in the arts and crafts area for Christmas today.

And these were floating over our house this morning.
They're having a hot air balloon rally at the festival also.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Love, hugs and prayers!

Thank you, my Christmas friend, for this update. I truly was worried for you & Perky. Gods' hand of protection was on you both. This type of terrorist attack is just impossible to prevent. I never will understand the mindset of these people!It is good the Swedish police have already made an arrest and are investigating what support/inspiration they took from ISIS. Please stay extra safe. Perky is one brave elf because I would have hunkered down at home! Blessings! Noel

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:33 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Saturday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Happy Saturdy Christmas Elf CandyKane. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:34 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Happy Saturday too Christmas Crazy. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter