What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:26 pm

This really isn't about what I did today, but yesterday. Hubby has a couple of weeks off, so he wanted to go have some fun. We went downtown Toronto to the CN Tower and as we were walking back to the Subway, we passed where Canadian Idol was being filmed and was asked if we wanted to go watch it for free - all the tickets they don't sell and if people don't show up become available. We said sure and got in the very short line. We wound up getting first floor seating - it was so awesome!!!! The girls thought it was the best. We were also able to record it when we got home because of time shifting. :jump:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Snowbelle27 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 am

How exciting Mrs Claus, that sounds brilliant.
:snowwow:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Worked 8 hours, spent 9 hours at the hospital and had 3 hours sleep. I ate one meal. I prayed and felt gratitude for those praying for my Dad! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:30 am

This is really about what I did yesterday. I bought some new plastic boxes for my Christmas decorations, so I tidied, sorted and inventoried ( not sure if there is such a word) them. Put them away into their new boxes, one for each room I decorated and then added new labels onto the boxes.

I'm rather pleased with what I acheived but I now have a pile of things I'm not sure what to do with, whether to keep them or put them in another box of unused items, I'll have to give it some thought.

:jump:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:37 am

Started reading Houseworks by Cynthia Townley Ewer. Hubby is thrilled. He's hoping it might help me stay organized and clean at home. I can be clean and organised other places and on my computer, just not at home. Funny how that is.

Also we will be going to a birthday party today. We still have to go out and get a gift. She will be turning 5. It's so hard to buy for her because she has 2 other siblings just a couple years older, so they already have most toys for a 5 year old.

Snowbelle - what you did sounds awesome. It really does feel good getting things together.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:06 pm

I went into work early, did not take a lunch [we were short!!!] and worked 2.50 hrs OT. I am too exhausted to go to the hospital because I must be at work tomorrow morning at 6am. I am feeling sad, emotional and guilty -- good things feelings pass with time. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:00 am

The girls had a birthday party and then we went to pick them up and stayed until 11:30pm. Although while they were partying we got some shopping done (youngest birthday is on Monday). Overall a pretty relaxing day.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Snowbelle27 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:24 am

My children broke up from school, and I'm so looking forward to not rushing around in a morning.
:jump:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:52 am

Relaxing day today - not much planned. Tomorrow we're heading to Canada's Wonderland to celebrate youngest birthday with the relatives.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Picked up the lady watching my Mom while I work............worked my shift..........took Mom to see Dad.............fixed dinner, did the dishes, and a small load of laundry...........and now I'm at CAY! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 am

Its Sunday and as usual, we were awake too early. Isn't that the way. :flake: I'm catching up on email and forums and fiddling with an idea for a Autumn/Winter themed blog or notebook. Or both. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Keepsake » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:48 am

Checking emails, posting on boards and working on listing all my new Keepsake ornaments in my excel spreadsheets. :penny:
Keepsake

Keepsake
Elf Apprentice

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 am

Had a blast at Canada's Wonderland in the pouring rain. They run a lot of the rides in the rain, so we were still able to have fun and get wet without going on any of the wet rides. Their birthday package is surprisingly good. It's held in a covered pavillion area, specially resevered. Each person gets 2 slices of fresh thick cut, cheesey pizza, even the pepperoni was cheesey. Yummy. All you can drink. My daughter choose Fruitopia, Iced Tea, Diet Coke, and Rootbeer. Plus an amazing cupcake - more like a giant muffin. And also a character appearance, where the character (we had Scooby Doo, her favourite) stays for 20 minutes and they will do whatever you ask. We danced with him and got tons of pictures. So much fun!!! And the price was great too!!!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:26 am

I have fixed the vacuum cleaner! It needed a new belt for the brush roller. Which I got and installed myself. Me, who can barely change a lightbulb. :smilecc:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 am

Our tax time here in Oz is here and work is very busy. So that is what is keeping me so busy at the moment.

Today is no exception but I have missed the forum so much I decided to spend the afternoon catching up with it all.

So much has happened..

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:18 am

I had a bad bout of IB last night. I'm better this morning, but it takes a day or two after an attack before you feel yourself again. Most of yesterday was spent untangling another mess with the bank. Its getting to be a regular occurence. If its not the bank, its a supplier or a retailer. You have to be on top of every detail and push like mad to get things done. Honest to Pete, there's days I wonder how anything gets accomplished in this country. So much is unnecessarily complicated.

Kevan's really unwell. Can't tell if its his allergies/asthma or he's caught a cold. Work is getting on top of him too. And I'm job hunting.

Reading this back, its more of a rant than a "what did you do?". I think I'll be spending some time today with my nose buried in my essential oils box. Always good for lightening the mood, that.
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 am

I hope Kevan is feeling better soon.

Today I walked the dog then I went and had my hair coloured and cut, then I went to a client and did their wages and bookkeeping for about an hour and a half. After that I went grocery shopping and in between I have been ducking home and doing the washing - although I have only managed 3 load and with the towels and linen there are at least another 3 to go.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:42 am

Today, like every day this week, I was sad, full of grief, exhausted, but pushing to fulfill obligations. Early to work..........errands on the way.........2 hours shopping after work.........gassing the cars...........taking out the trash.........fixing dinner. It all seems hollow and inappropriate when my Mom & I are so broken hearted missing my Dad. The path of grief is a dark, winding, lonely walk of fatigue.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby XmasDVD » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Today I worked! Got up at 4am - got showered and ready to go and work on a Networking project at 6am - got done at 12:30pm and home by 1pm - took a nap till 2:15pm and watched the Olympics till 6pm.

Will be watching the Tampa Bay Bucs play the Miami Dolphins tonight in preseason football!
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:16 am

A quiet, restful, day spent grieving with Mom. We looked through old photographs, and Mom began to really share the depth of her emptiness/aloneness with me. I hope it is the beginning of her healing.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter