Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:34 am

226 Christmas Pages!
:snowtoast:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:36 am

Last night I added something to my Amazon Christmas Wish List.
Now when Michelle or my mom asks what I want for Christmas, I'll have at least one thing on my list. :P :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:54 am

Yesterday morning Michelle wanted a donut for breakfast. So I ran to Dunkin Donuts with a coupon for 6 donuts for $4.99 (regularly $5.99). That would be 2 a piece for Michelle, KK, and I. I paid with my credit card and when I got my receipt,
which I hardly ever look at, I thought it was awfully long for just one item. So I looked it over, well I tried to, but there were numbers all up and down that thing. But nothing looked outrageous so I went home. Late that afternoon I got online and looked at the charges for the credit card and saw that I had only paid $1 for the six donuts. The girl at the window made a mistake with the coupon and took $4.99 off my order rather than charging me $4.99. I quickly thought to myself, this is no Christmas present I can except with a clear conscience. So jumped in the car and took the $4 dollars up to the store. You should have seen the look on the manager's face. He didn't know what to think. I just gave him the money and told him to have a blessed day. He put the money in the cash drawer and told me the same.
Just another way to show Christ's love to others. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday morning Michelle wanted a donut for breakfast. So I ran to Dunkin Donuts with a coupon for 6 donuts for $4.99 (regularly $5.99). That would be 2 a piece for Michelle, KK, and I. I paid with my credit card and when I got my receipt,
which I hardly ever look at, I thought it was awfully long for just one item. So I looked it over, well I tried to, but there were numbers all up and down that thing. But nothing looked outrageous so I went home. Late that afternoon I got online and looked at the charges for the credit card and saw that I had only paid $1 for the six donuts. The girl at the window made a mistake with the coupon and took $4.99 off my order rather than charging me $4.99. I quickly thought to myself, this is no Christmas present I can except with a clear conscience. So jumped in the car and took the $4 dollars up to the store. You should have seen the look on the manager's face. He didn't know what to think. I just gave him the money and told him to have a blessed day. He put the money in the cash drawer and told me the same.

The true spirit of Christmas:
Honesty, truth and joy! :nav2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Yesterday morning Michelle wanted a donut for breakfast. So I ran to Dunkin Donuts with a coupon for 6 donuts for $4.99 (regularly $5.99). That would be 2 a piece for Michelle, KK, and I. I paid with my credit card and when I got my receipt,

Your Christmas spirit is showing. I would have done that but at my convenience the next time I went in. You are a much better Christmas elf than I.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 am

Happy Monday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 am

Your true Christmas Spirit shines brightly friend. :rabstar:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:21 am

Only 119 days until Christmas! :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:22 am

If the old wives tale about August fog holds true, we've got a Rudolph worthy Christmas Eve blizzard coming our way. :rudolph:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:24 am

Prayers for those suffering in Texas. What a mess they are dealing with. It's wonderful to see the way people pull together to help those in need. The true heart of Christmas. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Last night I added something to my Amazon Christmas Wish List.
Now when Michelle or my mom asks what I want for Christmas, I'll have at least one thing on my list. :P :D

Smart way to build your Christmas shopping list. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:29 am

School just got back in session here and I'm already dreaming of Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:30 am

I posted about Rudolph and now I've got 'Holly Jolly Christmas' stuck in my head. :rudolph: :snowman1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:24 pm

CandyKane wrote:School just got back in session here and I'm already dreaming of Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks. :D

Me too Christmas friend. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:25 pm

4516 Christmas Posts!! :santadance:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Your Christmas spirit is showing. I would have done that but at my convenience the next time I went in. You are a much better Christmas elf than I.

It was on the way to the gas station. I had to fill up the Christmas sleigh. :elfgrin:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:44 am

Merry Terrific Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:45 am

Listening to Christmas music while I work today.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 am

Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter