Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Happy Black Friday!
I'm going to celebrate this annual Christmas shopping day by staying home and putting up the outside Christmas lights.

:elfgrin:

Good for you Christmas Crazy! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:20 pm

CandyKane wrote:Dd did some inside decorating last night but I was too tired to put the Christmas tree up. :treewiggle:

I am visiting with my brother before he leaves today. He helped put up our Christmas tree last night. Then the remainder of this long weekend I have a house full of rooms to decorate. On Monday, my sister is coming to help me decorate the tree with garlands & ribbons and then the rest of the week we put on ornaments after work/school.
It takes a week but is a delight!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:21 pm

294 Christmas Pages before December!! Image

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Dd did some inside decorating last night but I was too tired to put the Christmas tree up. :treewiggle:

I am visiting with my brother before he leaves today. He helped put up our Christmas tree last night. Then the remainder of this long weekend I have a house full of rooms to decorate. On Monday, my sister is coming to help me decorate the tree with garlands & ribbons and then the rest of the week we put on ornaments after work/school.
It takes a week but is a delight!! :scene:

Enjoy your week filled with Christmas fun! :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Noel+ wrote:294 Christmas Pages before December!! Image

Too Christmas cool! :hohat:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:20 pm

I replaced my front door Thanksgiving wreath with a new Christmas door hanger. :ornasmile:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:I closed out Thanksgiving with A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
and then started Christmas with Elf. Merry Christmas!

You know how to do the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays right. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:09 am

It is so nice to be connected with my Christmas friends again! After a whirlwind year of changing jobs, taking on a second job as a tutor to several students, and joining the board on the local animal rescue, the Time has certainly flown by!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:11 am

I have to watch a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving since I already watched the Garfield one. Then I can jump into more Christmas cartoons. I have already watched quite a few Hallmark Christmas movies!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:55 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is so nice to be connected with my Christmas friends again! After a whirlwind year of changing jobs, taking on a second job as a tutor to several students, and joining the board on the local animal rescue, the Time has certainly flown by!

Congrats! on your community involvement saving precious animal lives and your professional accomplishments. Now, Kiwi, you have even more gratitude for Thanksgiving and more Christmas spirit than your tower-high level before!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:57 am

Merry Super Santa Saturday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:58 am

Good Morning, Christmas Friends. Time to keep up the decorating as love overflows our hearts!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:01 am

My living room tree is finally up, and 10 strings of light strung from top to bottom. This tree is 9.5ft high and it took us yesterday afternoon/evening to finish it.
Today we have more trees and hope to decorate this one by evening.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:16 am

Wishing each of you a lovely Saturday decorating and enjoying the glow of the Christmas season!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:16 am

5875 Christmas Posts before December 1st!! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 am

Happy Small Business Saturday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 am

Noel+ wrote:My living room tree is finally up, and 10 strings of light strung from top to bottom. This tree is 9.5ft high and it took us yesterday afternoon/evening to finish it.
Today we have more trees and hope to decorate this one by evening.

Love it! Enjoy every minute of your Christmas decorating! :lights:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:00 am

Last night, we went to our towns Christmas lighting ceremony. Then we took a drive to see some lights. The houses that have decorated have really gone all out. :blinky1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:05 am

Here, in the desert, they do very little of that now. The smallest house, but most decorated, had to shut down operation last week because the City Council said 'people complained'. The elderly gentleman, who spends an entire year setting up new lights each year, was just crushed. It makes me so very sad. :cry: :cry: Glad you enjoyed some beautiful Christmas spirit expressed in decorated homes and buildings CandyKane.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:08 am

We have had a rough year! We lost 2 much loved family members. My dear, sweet Daddy. And a young adult nephew in a horrific accident. He was like a child to us. We were still reeling from that when Daddy got sick. And now dealing with my brother...He's like a horrible combination of Scrooge and Grinch, only there's no good in there just waiting to come out. He's an angry elf for sure. I've finally decided to let it go, and focus on all the good of Christmas. :nav2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter