Christmas Countdown 2017

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2017

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: just concerned that maybe you didn't receive my Christmas Card? Jolly never received hers while in Texas. Finally this week someone in Montana finally received their card which I mailed before Thanksgiving! Please let me know if you haven't received it yet. Thank you.

There were several Christmas cards in the mail basket the other day.
I'll have to check and see if yours was one of them when I get home tonight. They're all hanging up in the doorway now.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Ok, well thank you, but there us not much point to a card exchange if we don't see the cards..

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

Noel+ wrote:Christmas Crazy: just concerned that maybe you didn't receive my Christmas Card? Jolly never received hers while in Texas. Finally this week someone in Montana finally received their card which I mailed before Thanksgiving! Please let me know if you haven't received it yet. Thank you.

One year in San Antonio, there was a fire at a post office. Another year, a mail truck was in an auto accident and the mail disappeared. I think another time some mail boxes were "sabotaged". One cannot control the circumstances. Your Christmas heart was in the right place. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 am

Merry Friday Christmas! This time next week we will be leaving on our Christmas cruise. I am thinking this might be the best Christmas ever! I am also thinking there might be something to this leaving all the cooking and cleaning behind..........
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 am

I am wondering how many days it would take me to feel ready for Christmas. I have an excess of vacation days and darn might have to take some at the end of next year.......So I am wondering how many days of prep I need in order to really relax on Christmas eve and Christmas day. In a previous life I worked 2 jobs and took 15 December-26 December from my primary job in order to work at the mall. I did not tell the mall job that I was free during the day. We (the ex and I) had my family over for Christmas eve and it was so nice to have my days free to clean and get ready, even if I had to work at night. I also turned into a cheeseball factory as we gave cheeseballs in tins as gifts. IN a perfect world, the apartment, or at least the kitchen would be thoroughly clean, mince meat pies baked, laundry done.........etc. 5 days?
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:59 am

ImageMerry Friday Christmas!!!Image

.............. Only 10 days till Christmas! ..............
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am

The Daily Countdown Review

192 days till Leon Day (Half Christmas)
222 days till Christmas in July
260 days till 'Ber Months Begin
262 days till Labor Day
281 days till Autumn Begins
303 days till Thanksgiving Day - Sweden
297 days till Thanksgiving Day - Canada
0 days till Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas
320 days till Halloween
324 days till Daylight Savings Time Ends
342 days till Thanksgiving Day - USA
6 days till Winter Begins
10 days till Christmas
17 days till New Years Day
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

One year in San Antonio, there was a fire at a post office. Another year, a mail truck was in an auto accident and the mail disappeared. I think another time some mail boxes were "sabotaged". One cannot control the circumstances. Your Christmas heart was in the right place. :elfgrin:

Thank you Christmas Joly Elf. That brought a tear to my eye. It is such a joy to send the cards that my heart wants to know each person was blessed. You are right - control is not my parameter, it is Gods'. Blessings friend. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:I am wondering how many days it would take me to feel ready for Christmas. I have an excess of vacation days and darn might have to take some at the end of next year.......So I am wondering how many days of prep I need in order to really relax on Christmas eve and Christmas day. In a previous life I worked 2 jobs and took 15 December-26 December from my primary job in order to work at the mall. I did not tell the mall job that I was free during the day. We (the ex and I) had my family over for Christmas eve and it was so nice to have my days free to clean and get ready, even if I had to work at night. I also turned into a cheeseball factory as we gave cheeseballs in tins as gifts. IN a perfect world, the apartment, or at least the kitchen would be thoroughly clean, mince meat pies baked, laundry done.........etc. 5 days?

Oh, it is definitely double atleast 5 days for me! This morning I finally changed bed linens to my snowman flannel sheets. We are supposed to be under 70F tomorrow and going forward now. I know that is warm, but before then I just cannot tolerate the heat of flannel. So.......it took me 5 days to decorate the house, half day with Sister/Family to decorate trees, and then baking? candy making? gift wrapping/mailing? I think I should start November 1 and then maybe by December 5 I might have it all together. :lol: :lol: Oh, but then church............I think some of the joy, Jolly, is in the prepping too. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Love this graphic Christmas Crazy! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:37 pm

311 Christmas Pages!! :carolbells:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:I am wondering how many days it would take me to feel ready for Christmas. I have an excess of vacation days and darn might have to take some at the end of next year.......So I am wondering how many days of prep I need in order to really relax on Christmas eve and Christmas day. In a previous life I worked 2 jobs and took 15 December-26 December from my primary job in order to work at the mall. I did not tell the mall job that I was free during the day. We (the ex and I) had my family over for Christmas eve and it was so nice to have my days free to clean and get ready, even if I had to work at night. I also turned into a cheeseball factory as we gave cheeseballs in tins as gifts. IN a perfect world, the apartment, or at least the kitchen would be thoroughly clean, mince meat pies baked, laundry done.........etc. 5 days?

Oh, it is definitely double atleast 5 days for me! This morning I finally changed bed linens to my snowman flannel sheets. We are supposed to be under 70F tomorrow and going forward now. I know that is warm, but before then I just cannot tolerate the heat of flannel. So.......it took me 5 days to decorate the house, half day with Sister/Family to decorate trees, and then baking? candy making? gift wrapping/mailing? I think I should start November 1 and then maybe by December 5 I might have it all together. :lol: :lol: Oh, but then church............I think some of the joy, Jolly, is in the prepping too. :D

In the years prior to visiting Texas in each November, we had declared November "pre Advent" and did a Little of the decorating each weekend, linens, cleaning, getting out the Candle sticks, etc, so we were ready for first advent. It was a nice was to lead into Christmas. Of course, I was also not working so that helped alot. Cooking and baking for Christmas I enjoy, cleaning not so much, though I do enjoy the results. I can't Believe I had the time to make Christmas crackers and even bake divinity. Those were the Days.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:48 pm

Merry Super Santa Saturday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Just 9 Days until Christmas!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 am

Christmas Crazy your card arrived today and it is displayed by our tree.
Thank you. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:15 am

Merry Monday christmas friends! Just 8 days till "Christmas" which always start the great "when is Christmas debate" in the Lundgren Lägenhet........"Christmas" to me means 25 December no matter when you open gifts or have "Christmas" dinner. "Christmas to Swedes is 24 December......which leads us to the when do we celebrate "Christmas" in July........One of the things I miss is the stores closing at noon on December 23 and not opening up until 27 December. it made one plan ahead, but was nice for the employees. Now they are open some part of every day. We used to go the Arabic grocery across the street for emergency supplies, or just to get out. That in and of itself was a tradtion we tried to keep even when the stores started staying open. But alas, the arabic grocery is no more, went the way of many small businesses....no more Christmas baklava. Going to the local 7-11 just doesn't have the same effect...... :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:23 am

Merry Marvelous Mistletoe Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
:ornwave:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 am

The Daily Countdown Review

189 days till Leon Day (Half Christmas)
219 days till Christmas in July
257 days till 'Ber Months Begin
259 days till Labor Day
278 days till Autumn Begins