Christmas Countdown 2018

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2018

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

We're under a Winter weather advisory. Ice is a comin'. Why oh why can't it be Christmas snow instead. :flake:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:59 pm

24 Christmas pages. :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Only 322 days until Christmas :hohat:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:45 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Tuesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Merry Tuesday my Christmas friend. :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 am

Happy Wednesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:46 am

Only 321 days until Christmas. :bell1: :bell1: :bell1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:49 am

It's icy outside this morning. With temps headed above freezing it won't last that long. Should make for some very pretty pictures though. I was hoping for a little Christmas snow mixed in. :snowwow: :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:50 am

I'm enjoying my coffee and my quiet this morning. Just wish I had some Christmas lights to go along with it. :treegifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:53 am

I found a great new Christmas project to work on. A pallet Christmas stocking holder. :penny:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:21 am

My new favorite thing to watch on TV.....Sanford and Son. I remember watching reruns of it growing up. Loved it then and love it more now. I can't wait until their Christmas episode comes on. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 am

I dread getting out to feed today. One of my favorite memories as a kid was complaining to Daddy about having to help him feed one Christmas Eve. Daddy said Sis those cows don't know it's Christmas...they just know they're hungry. :D Thankful for all the wonderful memories I've made with my parents and looking forward to the new ones I make with my dd. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

CandyKane wrote:I'm enjoying my coffee and my quiet this morning. Just wish I had some Christmas lights to go along with it. :treegifts:

I am doing the same thing but with a small cup of oatmeal and water.
BUT my Christmas tree lights are still on! The tree will most likely come down this weekend.......... :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am

CandyKane wrote:I found a great new Christmas project to work on. A pallet Christmas stocking holder. :penny:

A great Christmas project. Please post pictures when it is finished CK. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:23 am

Merry Wacky Wednesday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote::| This is my last week in my 30’s!!!! It’s hard to believe I have enjoyed so many Christmases all ready! I am not sure how I feel about turning 40

Celebrate each one with gladness. As I've grown older, each birthday has meant less and less and the time spent between them with loved one means more and more. And I hope the birthdays just keep on coming. Happy Birthday this weekend my Christmas friend!

Christmas Crazy- that is so true! Focusing on the fun times in between those birthdays because that is where the spontaneous and enduring love is found! Great advice! Thank you!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am

Valentine's Day is only lightly reflected in my home decor but yesterday I added red hearts to my Christmas wreath/garland in the living room. The poinsettias are in the background and that way I keep it up til February 16th!! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:25 am

No school today as we have a big snow storm coming. A Christmas treat! I think I will be catching up on some Christmas movies today!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:26 am

CandyKane wrote:I dread getting out to feed today. One of my favorite memories as a kid was complaining to Daddy about having to help him feed one Christmas Eve. Daddy said Sis those cows don't know it's Christmas...they just know they're hungry. :D Thankful for all the wonderful memories I've made with my parents and looking forward to the new ones I make with my dd. :angelmerry:

Reading your comment brought a tear to my eye and sweet farm memories of my parents, siblings and extended family at Christmas too. :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I just got back home from a walk around town that started with a nice breakfast and then walking around to local shops to get some Valentine’s Day shopping done. It was magical and relaxing walking around as the snow fell down. It was so Christmasy!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter