Christmas Countdown 2018

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2018

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:51 am

Only 314 days until Christmas. :treeclap:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 am

30 Christmas pages! :santagifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 am

Happy Valentine's Day!
Another holiday of love to countdown until Christmas Day!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:49 am

Merry Wacky Wednesday Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 am

We are picking our favorite Valentine sayings from a huge bowl of candy here at the station. Which one is yours? I want to try this Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:52 am

586 Christmas Posts!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Happy Valentines Day to all my Christmas friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 am

Happy Belated Valentine's Day Christmas Friends! I hope you all had an enjoyable evening with loved ones and family. When I grew up our Baptist church had one of their two "formal" dinners on the Wednesday closest to Valentine's day. Because of this event, I never understood kids who did not own at least two "long dresses".....fortunately, my mother also sewed, I never realized how much formals could cost until later. Valentine's Day in that atmosphere was a family holiday for young and old, widows, singles, adults, and kids. Such fond memories are as close to my heart as Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:15 am

Happy half price chocolate day Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:16 am

Only 313 days left until Christmas! :thumbs:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 am

Instead of Christmas cookies, I'm enjoying chocolate covered strawberries this morning. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 am

Absolutely horrified at the school shooting in Florida yesterday. The craziness is unreal. Thoughts and prayers for those dealing with this nightmare. The world needs more Christmas and it needs it now. :angelpray: :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 am

It is a beautiful morning. Headed up to 70 degrees today. I've got all the windows open getting a little fresh air. If you hear Christmas music coming from my house....just enjoy it. :lol: :whistle: :carollers: :sing:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:25 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy Belated Valentine's Day Christmas Friends! I hope you all had an enjoyable evening with loved ones and family. When I grew up our Baptist church had one of their two "formal" dinners on the Wednesday closest to Valentine's day. Because of this event, I never understood kids who did not own at least two "long dresses".....fortunately, my mother also sewed, I never realized how much formals could cost until later. Valentine's Day in that atmosphere was a family holiday for young and old, widows, singles, adults, and kids. Such fond memories are as close to my heart as Christmas.

Wow,Jolly, those are special memories -- just like Christmas. Our Valentine's was homey and simple. My parents always made us baskets, but they had a heritage crystal plate they filled with candy they liked to eat. We got up in our PJs and ate a couple pieces of candy, We snacked all day but had to eat "proper meals" too. And that was our Valentine's Day. The folks went out for a 'grown up dinner' and we were in bed asleep when they came home.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

I am thankful for all my blessings today. :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 am

30 Christmas Pages!! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 am

Happy Valentines Day to all my Christmas friends.

Christmas Crazy, I hope yours and Michelle's Valentine's Day was especially wonderful yesterday. :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:30 am

CandyKane wrote:Absolutely horrified at the school shooting in Florida yesterday. The craziness is unreal. Thoughts and prayers for those dealing with this nightmare. The world needs more Christmas and it needs it now. :angelpray: :rabstar:

There simply are no words or simple solutions to this type of violence. It requires a change of mind and heart in individuals and only God can completely accomplish that major task. My heart breaks for those deceased, the children experiencing all of this, and the stunned & grieving parents.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:31 am

Kiwi hope your Valentine's Day was a special one too. Thinking of you our Christmas friend. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:32 am

600 Christmas Posts!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter