* Black Friday 2008 * - USA

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

* Black Friday 2008 * - USA

Postby XmasDVD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Plan on going shopping on Black Friday - the Friday after Thanksgiving - and having a blast!

Actually, we get our shopping done before Thanksgiving so we can enjoy the holiday and then go out shopping on Black Friday just for fun and the crowds.

We get up early and head for JCPenney first - they give away a free Disney mini snowglobe every year - they are dated too. We'vebeen doing this for 7-8 years now.

Than if there's no major deal we want, we get some breakfast, go home, sleep and get up and have lunch and go out again.

We don't want to wait in lines overnight and fight for the only 3 of something..etc.
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Re: * Black Friday 2008 * - USA

Postby Snowbelle27 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:13 am

That sounds like my ideal day out! We don't have anything like that here in the UK.

:|
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby jlcarey » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 am

My DH & I do Black Friday every year! This year, he wants to get his new LCD tv...so we're camping out at Best Buy for their great deals...we always find gifts for our families there on top of (inevitably) whatever it is that DH wants to get new that year. He usually goes home after that but my awesome Sister-in-law always goes and camps with us, then her and I continue on to whichever store has some deals that we want to get! We always keep it friendly, and try to help out anyone we can. We have big grins on our faces the whole day through!! We love Black Friday shopping! I can't wait for the Sunday before Thanksgiving (and even before online) where we get all of the ads and can plan out our trip. But we can always plan on being at Best Buy by about 5:00PM on Thanksgiving Day to get in line...and then we wait...for about 12 hours! I know, it sounds crazy, but we have a ton of fun! Best Buy also does their sales right...they walk down the line, starting at the beginning and they have tickets for each of their sale items...and they have just as many tickets for the sale item as they have in stock in the store...so first come first serve, if you want it, you get the ticket(up to the sale limit, of course, sometimes 1, sometimes more)...and as they go down the line, when they run out of tickets, they're out. So no fighting to get the "last one" of anything...if you have the ticket, you are guaranteed to get it. It's major fun for us!

:shop:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:09 pm

I've heard about the people that camp out on Thnanksgiving day to get good Best Buy deals! LOL

We're looking for a deal on a 47" or 50" LCD/HDTV this year.
I've heard they'll be under $1k (maybe under $900) US! WOW!

The Black Friday ads for 2008 should be coming out soon (sneak peeks)
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:03 am

I never shop on Black Friday -- I tried it once with my sibings and that was enough for me! And when younger, I worked retail that day! CRAZY! :shock:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle