Christmas Countdown 2018

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2018

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 pm

Happy Wednesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm

135 Christmas pages! :santadance: :ornasmile: :santadance:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:38 pm

My QVC Christmas in July packages just arrived! :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:08 pm

Noel+ wrote:Image

Hooray for Christmas in July!!! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Noel+ wrote:Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas!

Merry Winter Wonderland Wednesday Christmas Noel!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:11 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Wednesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

Happy Wednesday Christmas CandyKane!!! :scene:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 pm

We have gotten over 2 inches of glorious rain. Today has been cloudy, cool, and sprinkling rain off and on. It's a nice reminder that Fall and Christmas are just around the corner. :peekleaves2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:28 pm

We're on the downhill slide to Christmas. :sled: :sled: :sled:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:50 pm

CandyKane wrote:My QVC Christmas in July packages just arrived! :snowjump:

That was reindeer Christmas speed!! :shock: :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:49 am

We are supposed to be 32C on Christmas in July day. Ugh. I definitely won't be doing much next week except spraying myself with the water bottle and watching snowing movies. I watched the Magical Christmas Ornaments. Yeah, it was one long hallmark commercial (minus the logo), but it was cute. I was stuck at a desk yesterday handing out tests, we were expecting 55 students, only 5 showed up, so I had two hours to kill. I starting reading the e book Reindeer Roundup by Kathie Daley. One of my favorite e book authors. If I am not passed out from the heat, I plan on finishing it on the cruise. I have never dreaded a cruise so much..............hope Perky is one happy Christmas elf.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 am

Happy Thursday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:06 am

Only 159 days until Christmas! :carolbells:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am

We decorated a savings jar last night. We'll throw in loose change and extra dollars and use the money to buy Angel Tree gifts for kids at Christmas. :angelmerry: :angelsnow:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:56 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:We are supposed to be 32C on Christmas in July day. Ugh. I definitely won't be doing much next week except spraying myself with the water bottle and watching snowing movies. I watched the Magical Christmas Ornaments. Yeah, it was one long hallmark commercial (minus the logo), but it was cute. I was stuck at a desk yesterday handing out tests, we were expecting 55 students, only 5 showed up, so I had two hours to kill. I starting reading the e book Reindeer Roundup by Kathie Daley. One of my favorite e book authors. If I am not passed out from the heat, I plan on finishing it on the cruise. I have never dreaded a cruise so much..............hope Perky is one happy Christmas elf.

We are to reach 108F or 42.222C today and by Monday reach 118F or 47.777!! My water bottles [one large in bath and bedroom and one small in car at all times!] is my favorite posession all summer long here. And watching Hallmark Christmas movies, and seeing cold snow and hearing Christmas carols lifts my spirits too. Oh the joys of being a woman. :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 am

CandyKane wrote:We decorated a savings jar last night. We'll throw in loose change and extra dollars and use the money to buy Angel Tree gifts for kids at Christmas. :angelmerry: :angelsnow:

We used to keep one all year but now mainly focus on Christmas in July. It is a great way to teach children to do without indulgences to meet the needs of other children. What a lovely tradition in your home CandyKane. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:00 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:03 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:We are supposed to be 32C on Christmas in July day. Ugh. I definitely won't be doing much next week except spraying myself with the water bottle and watching snowing movies. I watched the Magical Christmas Ornaments. Yeah, it was one long hallmark commercial (minus the logo), but it was cute. I was stuck at a desk yesterday handing out tests, we were expecting 55 students, only 5 showed up, so I had two hours to kill. I starting reading the e book Reindeer Roundup by Kathie Daley. One of my favorite e book authors. If I am not passed out from the heat, I plan on finishing it on the cruise. I have never dreaded a cruise so much..............hope Perky is one happy Christmas elf.

We are to reach 108F or 42.222C today and by Monday reach 118F or 47.777!! My water bottles [one large in bath and bedroom and one small in car at all times!] is my favorite posession all summer long here. And watching Hallmark Christmas movies, and seeing cold snow and hearing Christmas carols lifts my spirits too. Oh the joys of being a woman. :snowwow:

It is not my experience that cruise cabins or dining halls are overly air conditioned. one reason I wanted to cancel. Yeah, its fine being on deck in the wind, but stiffling inside. I bought Perky a water sprayer and will buy another today. We are taking two USB fans, and battery operated hand fans. I have thin capris packed, but will throw in a pair of shorts too. I am too fair to wear a tank top on deck. Due to an early chidlhood burn I never wore anything less than short sleeves, so my upper arms are even more pale than the rest of me. Technically shorts are not allowed in the dining room, but my shorts are longer than some dresses I've seen, so we shall see......A vacation you have to think about this much is not going to be too Christmas fun. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

Christmas Pages? Image

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter