Christmas Countdown 2018

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2018

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:04 am

179 Christmas Pages!!! :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Elf is on tv today. What a happy Christmas surprise. :elfgrin: :elf:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm wide awake way too early enjoying my coffee, the cool, and the quiet. All that's missing is Christmas lights. :lights: :treegifts:

This just reminded me. We store our Christmas trees in the garage. And while grilling steaks just outside the garage yesterday, I plugged one of them in just to see how many lights were not working. While there were quite a few strands out, I left it plugged in the whole time i was grilling. What a glorious site it was in the garage. Of course it was the tree with multi-colored lights (My favorite). I can only imagine what my neighbors thought.
:P :D :santa:

I just bought one of those tree dazzler light strands that fits over the top of the tree and drapes light strands down. I LOVE the color options that it has. I can't wait to try it out. :treegifts:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm wide awake way too early enjoying my coffee, the cool, and the quiet. All that's missing is Christmas lights. :lights: :treegifts:

This just reminded me. We store our Christmas trees in the garage. And while grilling steaks just outside the garage yesterday, I plugged one of them in just to see how many lights were not working. While there were quite a few strands out, I left it plugged in the whole time i was grilling. What a glorious site it was in the garage. Of course it was the tree with multi-colored lights (My favorite). I can only imagine what my neighbors thought.
:P :D :santa:

I just bought one of those tree dazzler light strands that fits over the top of the tree and drapes light strands down. I LOVE the color options that it has. I can't wait to try it out. :treegifts:

That will be so cool. You'll have to share a video of it with us this Christmas. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Just found Puternuts 2017 Christmas videos (2). Enjoy. :shop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8tHWRY4uNY

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 am

Merry Tribute Tuesday: 9/11

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:53 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

Merry Terrific Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 am

The Daily Countdown Review

287 days until Leon Day (Half Christmas)
317 days until Christmas in July
357 days until Labor Day
11 days until Autumn Begins
27 days until Thanksgiving Day - Canada
33 days until Thanksgiving Day - Sweden
45 days until Hallmark's Countdown to & Miracles of Christmas
50 days until Halloween
54 days until Daylight Savings Time Ends
72 days until Thanksgiving Day - USA
101 days until Winter Begins
105 days until Christmas
112 days until New Years Day
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:20 am

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Puternut » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:53 pm

As I look each day at the countdown's 110 days 105 days etc. I'm reminding my self to stop and also enjoy the anticipation, of it all, while we sit and plan our display, I keep pushing the fact that it is a lot of work to the back of my mind, because eventually it will be here and gone in a flash it seems. We hope to wring every minute of the wonder of the Holidays out of this year, because as seniors we never know? :singing:
family-holiday-recipe-wide.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puternut
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Puternut wrote:As I look each day at the countdown's 110 days 105 days etc. I'm reminding my self to stop and also enjoy the anticipation, of it all, while we sit and plan our display, I keep pushing the fact that it is a lot of work to the back of my mind, because eventually it will be here and gone in a flash it seems. We hope to wring every minute of the wonder of the Holidays out of this year, because as seniors we never know? :singing:

Every day from September 1 thru January when we take down all the decorations, I try to enjoy each every moment. Our house usually gets decorated for Fall on September first and I love coming home from work and seeing the pumpkins, scarecrows, mums, and signs every day. On October 1 we decorate for Halloween. On November 1 we decorate for Thanksgiving. Then on Thanksgiving Day and the day after, we decorate for Christmas. The Bers are my most favorite time of the year and I love counting down thru it all with everyone here. The anticipation and sharing is the best part of all of it. Puternut, your home and Christmas decorations are absolutely beautiful. I really enjoy your videos every year. Thank you for sharing them. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Puternut wrote:As I look each day at the countdown's 110 days 105 days etc. I'm reminding my self to stop and also enjoy the anticipation, of it all, while we sit and plan our display, I keep pushing the fact that it is a lot of work to the back of my mind, because eventually it will be here and gone in a flash it seems. We hope to wring every minute of the wonder of the Holidays out of this year, because as seniors we never know? :singing:

True words of wisdom spoken Puternut. None of us knows for certain we have another hour or day and certainly not another Christmas. To me, part of Christmas is cherishing God, family & friends including all the joys of the season.

Your videos bring smiles, Christmas cheer and sweet memories to all my family as we watch them each year. Thank YOU! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:12 am

Happy Wednesday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:13 am

Only 103 days left until Christmas :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:14 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

Woohoo! New Christmas movies!! :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:16 am

I totally agree Puternut. I love the buildup to Christmas. So much activity, so much fun! :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter