Christmas Countdown 2018

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas Countdown 2018

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:51 am

181 Christmas Pages!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:12 pm

I've got a loaf of banana bread in the oven. It smells so good. I can't wait to start baking for Christmas! :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:34 pm

CandyKane wrote:I've got a loaf of banana bread in the oven. It smells so good. I can't wait to start baking for Christmas! :D

Oh how I long for Christmas cookies. Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:15 pm

Christmas Crazy is your county one that has declared a state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Florence? Prayers and good Christmas wishes for all those in the path of this storm. :angel:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I've got a loaf of banana bread in the oven. It smells so good. I can't wait to start baking for Christmas! :D

Oh how I long for Christmas cookies. Image

Can't go wrong with Christmas cookies and a good cold glass of milk. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm

CandyKane wrote:Christmas Crazy is your county one that has declared a state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Florence? Prayers and good Christmas wishes for all those in the path of this storm. :angel:

Yes. They declared a state of emergency for the whole state now. That way they access to more resources if needed. Right now, the Weather Channel is saying we'll have 15-25 MPH winds all day Sunday. I'll take it. That's not too bad. Christmas fingers crossed.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm wide awake way too early enjoying my coffee, the cool, and the quiet. All that's missing is Christmas lights. :lights: :treegifts:

This just reminded me. We store our Christmas trees in the garage. And while grilling steaks just outside the garage yesterday, I plugged one of them in just to see how many lights were not working. While there were quite a few strands out, I left it plugged in the whole time i was grilling. What a glorious site it was in the garage. Of course it was the tree with multi-colored lights (My favorite). I can only imagine what my neighbors thought.
:P :D :santa:

There goes Christmas Crazy being crazy about christmas again. LOL :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Christmas Crazy is your county one that has declared a state of emergency ahead of Hurricane Florence? Prayers and good Christmas wishes for all those in the path of this storm. :angel:

Yes. They declared a state of emergency for the whole state now. That way they access to more resources if needed. Right now, the Weather Channel is saying we'll have 15-25 MPH winds all day Sunday. I'll take it. That's not too bad. Christmas fingers crossed.

Prayers for you Christmas friend. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Prayers for you Christmas friend. :snowwow:

You and Michelle are on our prayer list too! Stay safe and keep that Christmas spirit alive! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:43 am

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:45 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 am

Feeling a little stronger this morning so preparing a favorite Autumn zucchini bread loaf for our breakfast. It may be triple-digit summer where I live but it is Autumn in my heart in September! I am looking forward to Christmas baking next month.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:51 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:34 am

Happy Thursday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:35 am

I can't believe how fast September is flying by. It's Christmas reindeer speed. :reindeer2: :rudolph: :snowdeer:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:37 am

Noel+ wrote:Feeling a little stronger this morning so preparing a favorite Autumn zucchini bread loaf for our breakfast. It may be triple-digit summer where I live but it is Autumn in my heart in September! I am looking forward to Christmas baking next month.

Pumpkin bread is my favorite fall treat. Then I've got to have pumpkin rolls for Christmas. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:39 am

Another Fall treat I love is pumpkin seeds I roast myself. So good! i make enough at Halloween to last until almost Christmas. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:42 am

One thing I dread about this time of year is the time change. It takes me a good 2 weeks to adjust. Although the time change does bring us those long December nights that bring us Christmas. :santagifts:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter