What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby lilnoelelf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:34 am

Well watched the kids play in the pool,cleaned, made some new onaments with the kids for this years tree and just enjoyed the day I was blessed with! :smilecc:
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:10 am

Mom and I started to sort through Dad's belongings...........but became overwhelmed with sadness. We stopped. Mom napped and I was restless. I miss him so much. :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm getting things ready for the kids to go on a sleepover tonight. I'm going to have the whole day to myself tomorrow - will hopefully find time to work on my Christmas Notebook and the website.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:40 pm

I cleaned some of the house. Played with the kids. Cuddled and rocked to sleep the 16 month old i babysit.
After he is picked up, the kids and I are off to the grocery store. We live in the country and the Grocery store is 1/2 hour away. So It will be a late supper tonight.

Tomorrow is going to be a little bit on the busy side.
I have 2 more kiddies coming over in the morning.Just before 1:00 I will pack everyone up and take my 2DD's to a B-Day party. Straight after i will drop the little ones I am watching off at their house. Then I will rush home in time for the little 16 month old to arrive. At 4:00 I will go pick up the girls from the B-Day party. Then I will come home in time for my friend to drop her two girls off. At approximately 4:40 the lil one I take care of will be picked up by his mom. Then hopefully the rest of us can be eating pizza by 5:00. At 5:30 I will pack us all into the van again so I can take my youngest DD and my friends youngest to T-Ball. Hey, I certainly won't be bored tomorrow! :lol: :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 pm

It is 8.40am on Tuesday 12th August and I am about to head off to a client on the other side of town to pick up all their tax stuff to do their returns.

When I come home, I will check on number 2 son as he is very ill with bronchitis and a middle ear and throat infection - poor boy is away from school again. Two weeks ago he had 8 days off school because of a the flu and now he comes down with this. He is in his final year at high school before he goes to college and he is so worried about missing so much of it.

When I do that, I will be going out to the office and working on returns until late tonight - there is so much work to do this time of year.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby SparkleNana » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

Jodie -- did your son's doctor do the test for mononuculeosis? It is common among people your son's age -- who tend to be vulnerable because their busy schedules run them down. Just a thought.

I did cleaning, laundry and organizing. And - a trip to the Dollar Store! I found adorable scarecrow boys and girls (for $1) on stakes to put in your front yard. They can stay up from fall, through Halloween, to Thanksgiving.

Then, I added beef strips to a great frozen oriental vegetables with teriyaki sauce over brown rice for dinner. (I cooked the brown rice yesterday.)
SparkleNana
Elf Apprentice

Postby lilnoelelf » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:33 pm

same ol same ol. cleaning, cooking, and playing with the kids. well we did put up the new tree we got to see what it looked like! LOL :D
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:26 pm

So far - slept in and have been online. Going to be getting something to eat and then on to work on my Notebook.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Awoke at 4:30am to fix breakfast for the family, shower and dress. Ran an errand on my way to work. Work 7am-7pm. Home to eat leftovers while catching up on the family's day. Bedtime stories, bill paying, and now online at CAY before tumbling into bed for another go round tomorrow! :reindeersmile:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:00 am

It hasn't been a very productive day so far (it's 4.00 in the afternoon) . Visited the chiropodist first thing, and then dropped my daughter off at her friends house. Went on to shops to pick up some batteries and a set of ink cartridges for my printer. Thought I'd browse CAY before my daughter returns. Hope to get some printing done for my Notebook later on this evening.

:holly1:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Jodie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:14 am

Sparklenanna, no tests were done. The doctor just checked him over and said that is what he has - so is treating him accordingly.

I have managed to come down with the same thing and so has his father - the lad is infectious I tell you!.

We are all on the mend a bit now, thankfully. There is nothing worse than a man cold (I know I have all boys and they all get man colds - much worse than anything a woman gets :lol: ).

Well today (me and my woman cold) paid the wages for my husbands business, then went grocery shopping, came home and unpacked it all, washed/dried and folded 2 loads of washing. Made the beds, swept the floor (it really needs to be mopped but I am exhausted now) and have decided to have a cup of green tea and catch up with my friends at CAY.

I bought a lovely roast beef to have tomorrow night when my number one son comes home for dinner - he is bringing his GF (they live together) and I am also doing a chocolate pudding for dessert. But that is tomorrow.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:23 am

I had a regular car crash of an interview this morning. I don't normally let stuff like that get to me, but it really ticked me off for some reason. I suppose its because it would be an ideal job for the time we have left over here (maternity leave cover, reception at the local college) and the whole process was as overblown as you've ever seen. I don't think I'll be hearing from them again. :roll:

I've been for a walk, done some errands and will get something on for supper in a while.
:flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:39 pm

I had the loveliest surprise at the Friday morning meeting at 7am! For the 2nd month in a row, I've earned incentive and I pushed our department into incentive level. SO I got $175 for my efforts plus another $300 for each of us in NICU! Now I just need to keep praying and working hard so God can bless me again!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:47 am

I had planned to go into town today to do some personal shopping. But we had an extra hour in bed this morning. Then I got puttering round the house, as you do. Cleaned up from breakfast, got a nice lamb casserole started in the slow cooker. I had forums to catch up on and lots of reading material to hand......I figure the shops aren't going anywhere so I don't need to either. :candle1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Congrats Noel on the extra money - always a bonus!!!

Today I need to get some clear plastic page protectors - hubby can't seem to find his extra ones (although I think we used them all for his music). It's such a nice day outside I'm hoping to get the girls out and about.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Snowbelle27 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am

Today me and my Dh have cleaned the car, we are hoping to sell it in the next few days as we are getting a new one in a couple of weeks. I'll be sad to see the old one go as we have had it for 10 years and have grown quite attached to it. But now the children are getting older there just isn't enough space in the back for them. Must also do some tidying after I've caught up on the forums of course!

:rudolph1:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:51 am

Its a wet, miserable day here. I see its 24 and sunny back home. :cry: Never mind. I've ran some errands, got supper started and caught up with stuff online, including doing some blog entries.

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry so here's to hoping.
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 am

Work, work and more work. But that is a good thing.

I have also been taking extra good care of myself to get well and everyone else too because they are all sick now.

Still walking the pooch first thing every morning in the freezing cold but it is refreshing and definitely wakes you up.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 am

Jodie wrote:Work, work and more work. But that is a good thing.

I have also been taking extra good care of myself to get well and everyone else too because they are all sick now.

Still walking the pooch first thing every morning in the freezing cold but it is refreshing and definitely wakes you up.

I'm sorry to hear the rest of the family is ill now Jodie. But be careful not to overdo it yourself or you'll end up ill again too.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:44 pm

The day has just started here (9.41am 23rd August) and I have had breakfast, put the washing on, put the dishwasher on, had a shower, fed the dog and I am about to head out to the Christmas Barn.

Not sure what the rest of the day shall bring but I love the 45 minute drive down to the Barn and back - as well as getting to see all the new decorations that are there every time I go.

Jodie
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter