What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Jodie I hope you take pictures, I'd love to see all the Christmas ornaments and decorations.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:43 am

Yes, Jodie, I hope you take pictures too!!! :jump:

Today was a busy workday followed by family chores, quiet time with family, and now I am finally back at CAY to catch up with my Christmasy friends! Hi! Missed ya'll! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Joanna » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:05 pm

Today I have long long shower, watched christmas movie, spend time with my boyfriend.
Joanna
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:40 am

Unexpectedly, the storm did much damage so I stayed home today to call the insurance company and make arrangements for repairs. Still...........we are safe. To all those in the path of Gustavo, we are praying for you!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 am

I got a start on the Autumn cleaning today. I do two big cleans a year; one in Spring, the other in the Fall. I spent the better part of 90 minutes dusting and vacuuming. You know the type; on the top of window and door frames, under and behind things you may not routinely do, in the closets. I'm always surprised at the amount of dust in a closet. Even with regular vacuuming.

Doing the closets, I finally had a dig through the Christmas supplies. Turns out the cards I thought I bought on sale last year, actually got sent last Christmas too. I need more of everything; cards, wrap, ribbons and tags.
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Snowbelle27 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:40 am

Today I am going shopping for a few hours with a friend to my local shopping mall. After we have dropped our children at school she will drive to my house and I will drive us to the mall where we will spend a few hours shopping and chatting and catching up on things. I'm really looking forward to it, as we only get to meet up a couple of times a year without the children as she works at the local university during term time. Can't wait roll on 9.45.

:jump:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:07 am

WORK! I went in at 5:30am and left at 8:30pm. My telephone broke, then my computer broke so they moved to a cubicle available. I am slightly tall and the person who sat there is short the chair hurt my legs because they were practically curled up under my chin! They keyboard is not an anatomical one, and the mouse does not gave a gel pad, and I felt like the most incompetent person!

Then I stopped by Costco to do shopping. Friday night after a holiday weekend? What was I thinking? They had tons of water, juice, colas............just very little food we buy! The line was 45 minutes long to check out. I was drooping!

Out into the bright 107F sunshine for a hot drive home. Carrying parsels in for 20 minutes and then the boring routine of shucking it all away.

The best part? A nice cool shower and time now on CAY! Thank goodness!!!! :hide:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:47 am

Good heavens Noel! You work long hours. Is it like that all the time?

Another wet, horrible day here. Since it wasn't fit to go out, we got the storage loft cleaned out in anticipation of the Big Move next year. I was surprised that the job wasn't a lot bigger. But now we have a pile to get to the dump, a pile to sell and a much, much smaller pile thats coming with us. The dirt and dust from that job has been cleaned up.

I seriously feel like curling up for a sleep for a while and may do just that!
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby XmasDVD » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Today is Saturday - we relaxed and have been watching our local baseball team play on TV and will be getting ready to watch college football tonight...watching pro football tomorrow then getting ready for Hurricane Ike on Monday...
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Postby Jodie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Today is Fathers day here in Australia and ours has to work. But he will be home at lunchtime, so we are giving him a nice lunch and I believe that the boys have gone all out and bought him lots of lovely gifts that he will love.

Wishing all the dads a happy fathers day.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:45 am

Good heavens Noel! You work long hours. Is it like that all the time?

Yes, Merry Sage, I do work very long hours. I was a NICU/PICU nurse, then a supervisor, and now a manager of a unit. When someone calls in, an infant or child's conditon escalates, or emergency issues arrive I have to be on the scene. To be honest, when I was younger it wasn't so exhausting. Now............its exhausting, but very very fulfilling!

Most Christmas' I have worked! This year I'm praying I can have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and even the day after [for rest - lol!] off! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 pm

I am supposed to be working but I am having another lazy day - will do more when I come back to the office later today.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Today was emotionally exhausting, because I got 3 emergency calls at work about my Mom. My sister is traveling on business, my brother is out of the state, and that left me to deal with the issue. My Mom keeps declaring she is ready to die because she misses my Dad so much and it just breaks my heart that nothing eases her pain now.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:01 am

Noel+ wrote:Today was emotionally exhausting, because I got 3 emergency calls at work about my Mom. My sister is traveling on business, my brother is out of the state, and that left me to deal with the issue. My Mom keeps declaring she is ready to die because she misses my Dad so much and it just breaks my heart that nothing eases her pain now.

Would she be helped by seeing a grief counsellor Noel? My heart goes out to her.

I've been more or less getting through the Fall cleaning routine for the past few days. And doing a lot of reading through my cook books for new things to try. The grocery bill isn't coming down any time soon, so the onus is on me to stretch everything as much as possible.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:10 pm

Yes, we are seeing one from the Hospice, Merry Sage. It just takes time.............much time for Mom after 52 years of marriage. Thanks for being so caring!!!

Today was much better for Mom! :jump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 am

Today I hope to tackle my master bedroom and En suite, as part of this week's focus for the Holiday Houseworks Plan. Maybe at least get it started, if I manage to clean out all of the cupboards and drawers I'll be happy and then tomorrow I can finish off my moving the furniture to clean.

I'm a member of the Home and School Association at my daughter's school, and will be spending a couple of hours at school this afternoon doing some tidyng/organising.

Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 pm

At work today we had a bomb scare. They told us to leave [nurses?!?!?!?] OR stay away from the windows. We moved as many incubators into the hallways/outer rooms and then we just prayed. Thankfully it was a hoax. This time. I was so angry at whoever did this that I went outside and cried so I wouldn't yell! Infants, elderly, fragile humans fighting for their lives in a hospital, and some selfish person plays a prank. In the end, I just became more grateful it wasn't a real threat.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 am

I did get round to doing my master bedroom and en suite as part of the Holiday Houseworks Plan, I started it on wednesday and finished it off yesterday. Today I will be cleaning the rest of my home for the weekend, for some reason I like to do my housework on fridays. :holly1:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:00 am

I Had the 1 1/2 year old I watch here for a few hours and DD3. Then my friends 3 year old came over. After school my two older children came home as well as my friends DD7. The 2 children spent the night here. Everyone was up at 5:25 am. They are mostly ready for school and the bus doesn't come til 7:50. Then I will have my friends 3 year old spending the day with me. We plan on going for a walk with another friend with the little ones she watches. I think we are going to go to the horse ranch to feed the horses. We will be back by lunch. Him and I will hang out ( I think he wants to do some painting) til my 3 children and his big sister return home from school this afternoon. Certainly not boring around here lately!!!! :D :lol: :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:39 am

I've been keeping up with the Fall cleaning schedule. I've also got three birthdays (son, daughter and DIL) and the SIL's wedding anniversary to get cards and small gifts bought and sent for October.

Today I cleaned windows. Horrible how much black stuff comes off the outsides. I'll be spending the rest of the day doing marketing research for hubby's fledgling software company.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter