Decorated Yet?

All the twinkling, blinking, spectacular light displays, shiny holiday ornaments, and overall Christmas decorations.

Decorated Yet?

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Not just in your own home, have you noticed your neighbours have their displays up now?

I was really surprised to see how many people in my area have their trees and outdoor lights up already. First time in the seven, nearly eight years we've been here that I've seen this. Last year it was the week leading up to Christmas before the street started looking more festive.

I can only think its a way of cheering people up, what with the non stop diet of doom and gloom in the media. And the fact that there's been major job losses in this area too, thanks largely to the banking collapse.

I think its great personally. We're all decorated (natch!) and its so nice to see this change, even if it is just this year. I won't be here next year to see if the same thing happens again as we'll be back in Canada, but I hope it will.
:reindeersmile:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Re: Decorated Yet?

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 am

Absolutely! The tree was up after Turkey Day and the house completed 2 days later! The tree isnt quite finished to my taste.........but it is fully decorated. A new garland and flameless candles set a nice glow. Just need the outside finished.......time for DH to get a glowing! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

The first house in our street had their outside lights up a week ago and we put ours up last night - looks fantasitc (will be taking pics and posting them soon).

I have not noticed many more but then I have been busy and not had much time to go out at night to see if there are any lights up in the neighbourhood. But I will be soon.

We have had our main tree up since November 20th and the other tree has been up for a week as have the inside decorations. I still need to put up two garlands over the hall doors and I will be done.

Then it is just time to relax, enjoy and bake, bake, bake...

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 am

Most of the decorations (except outdoor lights) are up; it's only taken a week. Now all I have to do is get rid of (put back in storage) all of the boxes and tubs cramming the living and dining room.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:50 am

My two neighbors and I still have our outside lights up, curtains open with a flashing Christmas tree shining through!

I know.........its 2009..........maybe next weekend I'll take them down.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:42 pm

2016 new posts....

anyone decorated yet??? im all done...got my lghts up outside.and mail box decorated.tree is up and only bare minimal decor inside this year..cutting back.. :whistle:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Contrast! Winterself. My Autumn decorations came down yesterday. Housecleaning and laundry finished and now my Christmas bins are in the great room. It takes 3 days, usually, to finish house. The tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. On my way..

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Silver & Gold