Your Weather

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Your Weather

Postby Noel+ » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:30 am

:razzberry: They're predicting 90F temps the first week of February! :roll:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am

Yesterday afternoon turned sunny and absolutely balmy. :D Well above zero anyway and right now that feels like spring. DH kept going out wearing just a hoody and of course the big boots because of the deep snow.
It is sunny again this morning. Ahhh the wonderful sun!!!!!! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:23 pm

mm - I'm loving the sun too! Can't believe it's already February, this is usually the worse month for SAD, but so far 2 wonderful days of sun!! :rockettes:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:04 am

Lets have an exchange program! I'll send you as many months as you want of over 90-100F temps .......... please send temps under 70F w/rain & snow!!!! :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:24 am

We got from 3 inches to about a foot of snow, depending which part of the country you live in, on Monday. London ground to a total halt. No public transportation. Schools around much of the country were closed for the past two days and many people didn't go to work. The news can't shut up about the "cost to the economy" of this bit of snowfall. You'd think it was the storm of the century. Honestly, its a bit frightening how unable or unwilling both the general public and especially the authorities are to deal with Mother Nature. Its ridiculous and can be very dangerous too.

I hear its like that with some of the southern U.S. too. They're paralysed at the sight of a snowflake. :roll: :P

Today its sunny and cold. Temps around 2C. I hear we're due some more snow tomorrow or the next day. Should set the cat amongst the pigeons once more. :elfgrin:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Merry Sage I saw on the news how everything had come to a screeching halt.I guess they're not used to a little snow. If we did that over here,some years nothing would be happening from November to April. Maybe this will give the politicians and general public something to think about. Maybe they should consider setting aside more for winter maintenance. :think:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:11 am

mistletoe misfit wrote: Maybe they should consider setting aside more for winter maintenance. :think:

That would require government using common sense and sound financial planning. You know better than that. :P

Snowy and cold here in Central England again today. Schools closed, panic in the streets, yadda, yadda........ :sleephat: Temps around -1C.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:24 am

Merry Sage wrote:That would require government using common sense and sound financial planning. You know better than that. :P

LOL
Silly ol me. Of course the common sense factor and government. Never the two shall meet. :laugh:
Even here in the land of snow, many years they go over their snow removal budget.

Today is so bright and sunny, however the arctic temps have returned. -19 wind chill making it feel more like -28. BRRRR! :snowwow:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Now the temps are on the rise here. The sun is out and it's around -4C. But the nice thing is, is that the temperature will be rising all night instead of going down, by tomorrow it will be around +6C and raining. Hopefully at least half the snow will melt.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:49 am

All week they predicted RAIN! 60% chance. Then Friday, it dropped to 10% -- which is absurd in the desert - and we have full sun w/85F! :angry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:01 am

We had a high of 50 degrees yesterday and it felt like a warm summer day b/c it's been so cold lately. It's supposed to be 37 degrees today and then 45 degrees tomorrow.
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:17 pm

Well............they are PREDICTING temps about 70 F this week. Sun, no clouds but cooler. I'll take it!!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:22 pm

60 degrees and rain.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:17 am

RAIN! CLOUDS! AND 70F! WHOPEE!!!!!!!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45 pm

We have a chance for severe thundstorms including the possibility of tornadoes tonight. We could use a good rain if the storms will just stay away.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:15 am

Cold and damp here today. Temps around 4C
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:15 am

Well.............the rain lasted 8 hrs. Now its full sunshine again. Oh, well........... :sleephat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:49 am

Cold and very frosty here this morning. Temps around -1C with sleet forecast for later. The full moon is lovely and bright in these cold conditions though. We'll spend a bit of time in the evening, watching her make her way slowly across the sky. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 pm

Late last night they added rain to the forcast.............today they removed it. Same ole, same ole near 80F temps :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:51 am

Dry, sunny and a bit warmer here. Temps around 5C.

I've taken full advantage of the chance to get a window or two open to air the apartment before its back to damp, grey skies.
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter