All Year Online Christmas Radio Stations

Nothing like the sweet sound of Christmas music to put you in the holiday mood.

All Year Online Christmas Radio Stations

Postby RadioJonD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:03 pm

This thread is always popular on Christmas Forums! What say we crank up our own?

Internet Christmas Radio Stations abound on the internet. Most eveybody has their favorite(s). What's yours and why?

Merry Christmas Radio is just but one of many Christmas stations on Live365. MCR mixes traditional and non traditional tunes in their playlists. Check out the station here - http://www.live365.com/stations/elfedzachary

In addition, MCR seeks to list as many other Christmas stations as possible on their own webpage - http://www.merrychristmasradio.com/station-guide/ Cick home for the latest news regarding new CD releases and Christmas music in general.
RadioJonD
CAY Maestro

Re: All Year Online Christmas Radio Stations

Postby RadioJonD » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:25 pm

Probably my favorite place for online stations is Accuradio. There are thirty-one (@ post time) different Christmas Stations from which to choose. Surely there is something here for everybody!

http://www.accuradio.com/holidays/

My favorite accuholiday station is (from the website): A Non-Standard Christmas - There's more to holiday music than the same 10 carols... explore some wider territory.
RadioJonD
CAY Maestro

Postby Jodie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:42 am

Oh thanks for the links :jump:

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:25 am

THANKS!!! Time to tune in and sing along! :pile:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Auntie Mistletoe » Sat May 10, 2008 12:14 am

You are right, RJD ~ Christmas all year radio station threads are great!

I like Accuradio. I was enjoying Live365 until it went full pro status and I lost my free-listening opportunities.

I much prefer listening when it's free although I purchased a few of my fave. Christmas tunes from iTunes.
Northern Auntie Mistletoe Image
Auntie Mistletoe
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Sat May 10, 2008 12:56 am

Thanks for the update -- more choices! :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:44 pm

My favorite place to listen to Christmas music is www.pandora.com

It uses something called the Music Genome Project...ah, nevermind. Just do this...go there, sign up (it's FREE, you're just getting a username and password) and it asks you to pick a song, artist or genre to jumpstart your station. I chose The Christmas Song (no artist, just the name of the song) and it started picking songs to play for me...you then have the opportunity to give each song a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" (via a convenient little button right with the song). Based on your picks, it will continue to pick songs and play music for you. There are NO commercials or pauses, you can skip up to 6 songs per hour if you don't feel like listening to the one they are playing, and you don't necessarily have to rate each one...but the more songs you rate, the more specific your station will get. I have rated enough so that my station plays ONLY Christmas music now (based on some of the artists it might throw in a non-Christmas song by them until you've rated enough to let it know that you ONLY want Christmas songs) but it is great! It has a HUGE variety of songs, many many many that I had never heard before (such as "The Cowboy Christmas Ball", "Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer" and "A Christmas Carol" (by Tom Lehrer (very funny!))). So, anyway, head on over to Pandora.com...I think you all will really like it!! What beats your very own personalized commercial-free Christmas station????? Cheers!!

:singing: :smilecc:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Slacker Radio

Postby RadioJonD » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:10 pm

I've got a Pandora account too. Very interesting concept to create your own station!

http://www.slacker.com/ - Choose Seasonal in the Select A Station List.

Slacker Radio has eleven Christmas radio station choices:

Holiday Hits, Holiday Classics, Holiday Party, Contemporary Holiday, Country Holiday, R&B/Soul Holiday, Rock/Alt Holiday, Dysfunctional Holiday, Jazz Holiday, Classical Holiday, & Navidad Latina.

My favorite - DysFUNctional Holiday !
RadioJonD
CAY Maestro

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:31 am

It's great to read a new post by you RadioJonD! And thanks for the link! I love all types of Christmas music!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Here We Go A'Carolling