Your Weather

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Your Weather

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:18 am

Truthfully, Merry, I spend most of my time trying to remember the cooler temps of the other 3 seasons! Same today: 119F

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Rain,rain and yes more rain!! :roll:
Maybe it can be done and over with today or tomorrow. Then Saturday, DD's party can be held outside like all summer parties should. :think:
Then again why should it be any different than DS 9 party in June, it poured all day.
Oh well, on the bright side there will be more time for Christmas activities if the girls are indoors. :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Rain, sun, rain, sun, wind....rinse, repeat. Temps around 18c - 20c. :razzberry:

To be fair, historically England isn't known for its Summers. Anyone wanting to visit should consider September thru to mid-October as the weather is often very fine at that time of year. Indeed it reminds me a great deal of Maritime Canada, where I'm from. Summer may be a wash out but the Fall often makes up for it!
:gbhouse:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Merry Sage wrote:Rain, sun, rain, sun, wind....rinse, repeat. Temps around 18c - 20c. :razzberry:

LOL Throw in some thunder Merry Sage and it is the same weather here in parts of Ontario this summer. I am used to the spring being a wash out and quite possibly the fall. June, July and August should be nice, hot and sunny for the most part . So far it has been cool, wet and YUCKY!!!
So far summer 2009 gets 2 thumbs down from me and a bunch of these guys.
:razzberry: :razzberry: :razzberry: :razzberry:

lol

mm
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:47 pm

We have had the craziest weather for July. We've had cool, downright chilly temps, and lots and lots of rain. We got over 3 inches in one day. We hardly ever get rain in July. Usual temps would be 100 degrees with unbearable humidity. Today we had sun and high temps in the 80's. And I'm not complaining. :elfgrin: 8-) :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 am

Moaning, looking for shade, and sweating way too much: 109F with 65% HUMIDITY!! :x

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Guess I spoke too soon cause the heat and humidity made a big comeback today. High temps in the 90's. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Cloudy and much cooler today with a high only in the 80's. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 am

:x The last two days we've had a high alert heat advisory because the temps have been projected over 116F. Actually, it was hotter than that -- we are supposed to get some relief and drop to 108 for the rest of the week. I am hoping!!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 am

The sun is back today after a cloudy, rainy yesterday. Should be a perfect day to go out and shop at a few yard sales. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:13 pm

They are forcasting temps over 109F for the next 10 days! EEK! :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Well by golly, Summer finally decided to drop by and set a spell. We've had a solid week of lovely dry, sunny weather. Only took to August for it to appear. I hope it sticks around.

Temps aren't too hot, low to mid 20s celsius, which is perfect.
:gbhouse:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 am

Summer persists here at a relent rate with temps still over 100F and very very dry. It's like opening the door to a blast furnace! :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 pm

Our crazy July weather has now spread to crazy August weather. We got rain today. It really cooled things off.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:36 am

They teased that lower temps might come our way due to a tropical storm off Mexico..........but it literally blew away eastward! EEK! :shock:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:30 am

Well I give up. First its supposed to be sunny and dry. Now the long range is a return to the mess we've had before; rain, rain and more rain. If that's the case, we'll have had exactly 17 days of warm, dry weather since June 1st.

Honestly, I thought this weather forecasting was supposed to be a science. Its looking to me, more like astrology sites; different opinion on each one. I think I'll go back to my grandmother's method. Look out the window when you get up and take it from there.
:roll:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 am

Well, we have a few whispy coulds with our 110F temps! :x

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:37 pm

Icy cold this morning - August is our coldest month (and also our last month of winter)...

September 1st is our first day of spring but it stays cold here until October and only really starts to warm up in November.. Other parts of Australia are warmer though.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Sunny and brisk here. Temps around 21C. Good walking weather. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Well I wanted heat and gosh by golly we have been getting it the past week or so. Yikes, only thing is that it brings the threat of storms. The weather network has now given us a Tornado warning for our area. Some tornadoes have possibly touched down in other parts of the province. Praying all in the affected areas are well and have suffered no damage. Weird, just now the sicatas started up again. Never heard them this late before. Natures way I guess. Thunder has started so off I go.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter