Gifts Bought

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

Re: Gifts Bought

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Christmas_Eggnog wrote:November, now that sounds like a normal time to shop. I now feel a little crazy for being 95% done with my x-mas shopping. :oops:

You're not crazy - you're prepared!

You don't have to worry and scramble at the minute and grab just anything - you've been able to pick and choose - good for you!

Now of course I think I'm one of the crazier ones because I love all the hustle and bustle of shopping in December. Although I'm not one to pass up something if it comes by (like I was able to do last year).
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:44 am

Thanks to QVC I did some Christmas shopping tonight and it feels great! Clothes, book, purses, etc. I'm getting that "its beginning to look alot like Christmas" feeling in my heart! YAY! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:54 am

Thanks so much mistletoemisfit, I guess you are right....I did get some good deals and I won't have to worry much about last minute holiday shopping. :think:

I'm just so eager to watch all of the great Christmas movies and, of course, the holiday log! I am also looking forward to watching my favourite x-mas movie of all time....some love it and others hate it......'Christmas with the Kranks.' My favourite part was the hickory honey ham part. For all you who haven't yet watched this movie, I would highly suggest you give it a try. It was made after the book called Skipping Christmas. :reindeersmile:
Christmas is, of course, the time to be home - in heart as well as body."
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:56 am

Yay Noel! Way to get into the Christmas spirit! I am experiencing the same Christmassy feeling... :shop:
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:00 am

Thanks, Mrs Claus...I guess I'm not as crazy as I had thought... :D

...but I really don't think you're crazy for liking the December hustle and bustle. I honestly LOVE IT....although it wouldn't seem like it by how I started shopping in August. I have left out that 5% of my shopping to be done in December so I don't miss out on that great 'rush' that one experiences. :shop:
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:54 am

I agree Christmas Eggnog and Mrs. Claus. There is something about shopping in late November and December. The stores are all decorated and the Christmas music is playing. The only part I don't care for is trying desperately to find a parking spot. :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:31 am

Christmas_Eggnog wrote:Yay Noel! Way to get into the Christmas spirit! I am experiencing the same Christmassy feeling... :shop:

Thanks. I have to work harder at it here because we're still at 105F daily and so I must dream Christmas to stir up the spirit. It's working! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 am

Noel wrote:I have to work harder at it here because we're still at 105F daily and so I must dream Christmas to stir up the spirit. It's working! [/color][/b]

:lol: Well, don't worry about working too hard because soon snow will be here. It is already getting colder and much darker soon where I live so I know summer is over and winter is coming up. :smilecc:
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:32 am

:angry: I can't get get the quote feature to work...
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby Pretjah » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:57 am

well i bought my first christmas presents yesterday

two highschool musical dolls that come with a little sound box to sing along with.

one is for my 4 year old the other for the 6 year old!

they are both asking for mp3 players this year too. i think i'll get them cheap ones and see how they do with them this year.

the wife lost her wedding ring when she was pregnant last year so i'm getting her a new band as her big gift this year she has no idea i'm getting it either B-)
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Wow, pretjah....your wife will be so lucky this year! That's every girl's dream...diamonds/gold for Christmas. :elfgrin:

You'd better make sure you hide your gifts so your kids don't find them. :oops:

I just bought my aunt a willow tree ornament for her collection...so yeah, I still have one person on my list to buy for. I'm going to wait though until December because I really want to still experience the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping. :shop:
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Christmas Eggnog what a lovely gift!! :smilecc: I am sure your aunt will love her gift. :smilecc:
My sweet DH bought me " New Life" by Willow Tree as a wedding day gift. They have beautiful ornaments and plaques. I love them.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Christmas_Eggnog wrote: :angry: I can't get get the quote feature to work...

Now worries. I got it working for you. If you want to see how to do it yourself, check out Using the Quote Feature
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:45 am

I've not bought a thing yet as I won't know our budget til the end of November. I've been very fortunate to pick up a Christmas job at one of the big drug store chains here. I start mid-November so that extra cash will make a difference.

I've got a short list, so hopefully I'll be able to start filling it soon.
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 am

Merry Sage, we are crafting most of our gifts this year out of necessity. But you know, that's I grew up......on a farm.......crocheting, needlepointing, sewing, baking gifts for loved ones and it puts the TRUE meaning of Christmas into a heart. So I rejoice my children will experience Christmas this year in an old fashioned kind of way.

Christmas is not in a catalog or a box at a store, I tell them. They know the story of Jesus, and they still love Santa, but I want them to know it is the act of giving that counts -- not the gifts.

Your taking a job to give gifts is one of those sacrifical meanings of Christmas! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:26 pm

I'm craftily-impaired........ :cry:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Previous

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle